Friday, October 15, 2010

Kicking Off My Financial Education

I would like to start by saying thank you. If you are reading this blog then it is probably because of one of three reasons. 1) You find yourself stuck in a rut with no clue how to get out, 2) you are curious why you feel like a slave to your debit card, or 3) you are a kind friend helping me out as I asked you to check out my blog. I thank you all, and relate to those of you who feel stuck financially. That's why I started this blog, to share with others my journey to financial stewardship and freedom by growing my financial education.

This week was especially a great week, because the number one financial educator I follow and number one personal financial author in the nation and maybe even the world, Robert Kiyosaki, had a live online event. While I did not get to watch live online I did follow on Twitter (@jessary27) on my Rich Dad Event, @RichDadEvent.

Here are some of the tweets that blew me away.

* Education is a process The end of the public educ process is a job Financial education's process ends w cash flow for life

*Part of financial education teaches how to pay zero tax ... legally. Employees can't do this, entrepreneurs and investors can.

*A high paying job is a myth. Those jobs will either tax you so high as to take your wealth or get shipped over seas.

*The 'poor mindset' uses words like I, me, mine. The rich say, ours, we, us.

* People are looking to Obama to provide jobs ... he's NEVER had a job. He doesn't even know what one looks like.

* Bernacke says he doesn't know why the price of gold is rising...could it be because of the TRILLIONS of dollars you printed?

*I use 100% debt so I pay zero% taxes. Thats Xtreme financial intelligence

*Mutual funds in 401k is taxed at 35%. Mutual funds OUTSIDE of 401k get taxed at 15%. 401k is a scam to raise employee taxes

*I never got sued until I got rich. You need your asset protection BEFORE you get rich

* Taxes are the punishment for everyone too lazy to get financial education

*Lazy people use their own money. Its harder to get someone else to pay for it then to work harder & pay for it yourself.

*Money isn't money. The dollar is a promise to pay the deficit. When you save money, you are saving debt. Think about that.


Yea, think about that. The old advice of "go to school, get a good secure job, and you'll do well" (Robert K.), is over. Since 1971 when President Nixon took us off the gold standard and on to a credit system, the dollar became an IOU. "This is the year "saving money" became obsolete and bad financial advice" (Robert K.). It's both "funny" and very sad how most middle and lower class have probably never heard that for the past nearly 40 years! What's up with that?

Well, that's one of the reasons I follow Robert, because when I read what he says the light bulb comes on. The more I read and look at scripture it typically lines up at principle. That is also why I will be sharing my thoughts here as I read through the book "Why We Want You To Be Rich" by Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki. A fantastic and must read if you want clear and precise understanding of our financial crisis today. Lack of financial education got us in this mess, and Robert and Donald believe it can get us out. I agree. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment